Great email forwarded to me by my mother-in-law. It’s so true:
Rules for Dog Owners
1. Dogs are never permitted in the house. The dog stays outside in a
specially built wooden compartment named, for very good reason, the dog
2. Okay, the dog can enter the house, but only for short visits or if his
own house is under renovation.
3. Okay, the dog can stay in the house on a permanent basis, provided his
dog house can be sold in a yard sale to a rookie dog owner.
4. Inside the house, the dog is not allowed to run free and is confined to a
comfortable but secure metal cage.
5. Okay, the cage becomes part of a two-for-one deal along with the dog
house in the yard sale, and the dog can go wherever the hell he pleases.
6. The dog is never allowed on the furniture.
7. Okay, the dog can get on the old furniture but not the new furniture.
8. Okay, the dog can get up on the new furniture until it looks like the old
furniture and then we’ll sell the whole damn works and buy new furniture …
upon which the dog will most definitely not be allowed.
9. The dog never sleeps on the bed. Period.
10. Okay, the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed.
11. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you, but he’s not allowed under the
12. Okay, the dog can sleep under the covers but not with his head on the
13. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you under the covers with his
head on the pillow, but if he snores he’s got to leave the room.
14. Okay, the dog can sleep and snore and have nightmares in bed, but he’s
not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where I’m now
That’s just not fair.
15. The dog never gets listed on the census questionnaire as “primary
resident,” even if it’s true.
5 thoughts on “The Rules for Dog Owners”
I think it’s kinda cozy with three dogs and you all sharing the bed.
Our hamster has been pretty good at making herself at home too!
It wouldn’t be so funny if it weren’t so true.
bwahaha. Gromit so sleeps with his head on the pillow. I think it’s cute. He’s like the little man of the house.
Comments are closed.