Questions courtesy of smattering.org >Friday Five:
1. How many TVs do you have in your home?
Believe it or not, we have two. Merrin has always wanted a third for our bedroom, but I laid down the law on that one! :wink
2. On average, how much TV do you watch in a week?
Well, that’s tough. It has to be said that we have 2 Tivos for DirecTV, so we could (theoretically) watch/record 6 different programs at once. Given that fact, we probably watch a lot more TV than some people because we never “miss” a show or have to choose between one or the other. So, I’d guess that I watch about 40 hours a week during football or hockey season and maybe, 20 hours the rest of the year.
3. Do you feel that television is bad for young children?
I think children should be encouraged to have lots of different activities. Within that context, I think TV can be a positive option for children. Again, all things in moderation and definately pre-screening of the shows.
4. What TV shows do you absolutely HAVE to watch, and if you miss them, you’re heartbroken?
We don’t miss any shows, period. Tivo, baby! We just set up our favorites and it catches ’em whenever there’s a new episode. We always Tivo: Sopranos, Beg-Borrow-Deal, Amazing Race, West Wing, Survivor, and Merrin’s soap.
5. If you had the power to create your own television network, what would your line-up look like?
My network would be a combination of the following:
4 thoughts on “Friday Five”
test this comment thing
Comments are closed.