How To: Speed Up Safari Browser in OSX Lion
If Safari is launching slowing or slow to load web pages in OS X Lion, there’s an easy (yet not obvious) resolution.
To make Safari launch, load, and browse faster, follow the following tip:
1) In FINDER select GO from the top menu.
2) While the drop down list is displayed, press the ALT / OPTION key
3) You should notice a new item in the drop down menu called LIBRARY
4) Select LIBRARY
5) A new window in the FINDER will open
6) Scroll down and open the folder called CACHES
7) Inside CACHES open the folder named COM.APPLE.SAFARI
9) Locate and delete file called CACHE.DB
10) Close and relaunch Safari.
If you follow this tip, you should notice the Safari browser is MUCH faster to start and load web pages in OSX Lion.